Home depot kitchen island,

Home depot kitchen i,sland

 In terms of aesthetics, we want a blank canvas with a neutral color scheme that allows the kitchen to take center stage (so I liked the bed’s apple and mushroom color scheme). It was made of solid oak, so it would be easy to replace the bed if we need to. I liked the curved-slope angle on the end, which gives a cool, slightly curved shape to the bed, and there was plenty of room for our whole family to sleep in it (and the bed is the same size as our old futon bed).

What we didn’t like:

 It was hard for our toddler to climb up into the bed and he fell off of it numerous times. I think if we keep that in mind when choosing our bed, the entire family would sleep in the bed comfortably.

What I like

The build quality and strength of the solid metal frame, which makes this bed super strong. We were able to stand the bed on it’s ends without any issues, and while the solid metal frame can weigh heavy when leaning against it and so can the fabric on top of the bed, it’s the sturdy, well built, adjustable headboard that gives us confidence that it’ll stand strong.

What I didn’t like:


Unfortunately, the mattress wasn’t the best quality – it didn’t give us the comfort we wanted. It was a better quality than our current mattress, but it didn’t provide us with a really comfortable night of sleep.

Conclusion:


In terms of bed-quality, we think this bed would be the best for us, but it wouldn’t be my first choice for a new bed. It’s a nice-looking bed, and I think the construction is top notch, but it’s not super comfortable for my family.

home depot wood furniture,

the futon bed

What I liked:


I really like the quality of the build on this bed. The concrete slabs were solid and sturdy, and the frame itself is quite strong and solid. The slats were very long, but the whole bed was wide enough to stand on.

What I didn’t like:


The slats were hard to adjust and were set into the bed with very little gaps between each slat. I would have preferred the slats to be closer to each other, so they’d be easier to adjust, and in my opinion, it would have been a lot easier to adjust them if there were no gaps between them. The bed was also narrow, but the bed was wide enough to stand on – so it wouldn’t have been a problem to use it as a bed with the bed on the floor, like in this photo.

What I liked:



We wanted a full-sized bed, which is why I wanted the foam mattress and the headboard. I liked that it came with the mattress on the floor, which made it easier for us to assemble. It’s also easier to assemble than most bed frames I’ve seen. The headboard was solid wood, and we used the screws to fasten it to the concrete slabs, which gave the headboard a nice solid look. We also liked the slanted angle of the slats and the smooth material on the headboard that makes it look like wood, even though it’s not wood.

What I didn’t like:


I think the overall quality of the frame was fairly good, but it wasn’t the best quality of bed frame. I think it would be better to choose a wooden bed frame than to build one from concrete slabs.

Conclusion:


My kids loved it and I did, too. We’ll definitely be buying a second bed in a few years if we decide to replace the bed, but for now, it’s working perfectly fine and we’re happy with our decision.

home depot bed,

The bed on the floor

What I liked:


I liked how sturdy and sturdy the concrete slabs were. They were so strong that we were able to stand the bed on it’s edges.

What I didn’t like:

There was one thing we didn’t like about the bed, and that was that the solid metal frame on top of the concrete slabs seemed very unstable. We found that it was very hard for us to stand the bed on the solid metal frame and that we often had to hold it up with both of our hands to make it move in the right direction. Overall, the concrete slabs were really sturdy, and I didn’t expect to have trouble using the bed like it was designed, but the solid metal frame definitely was not as stable as I thought it was going to be. We also thought that the frame was going to make the bed much heavier than it actually was.

Conclusion:


Overall, we thought the bed was better quality than our current mattress, but it wasn’t a super comfortable night of sleep. But we think it would be the best bed for someone who doesn’t want to spend a lot of time standing on a bed with a solid metal frame.

home depot concrete slabs,

The futon bed

What I liked:


The concrete slabs in this bed were quite thick. They felt really solid and sturdy, and we thought they would provide great support for our mattress and for our kids when they sit on the bed with their friends and family. The slats were really long, but they’re pretty wide so they would provide a nice flat surface for our kids to sit on – so we liked that they were quite wide.

What I didn’t like:


The slats were hard to adjust, and the slats were very close together, which made it difficult to adjust the bed to fit our mattress, which was quite narrow. I also didn’t like how close the slats were to each other, so it was difficult to adjust it from the top without bending the slats.

Conclusion:

Overall, we thought the concrete slabs were much better quality than the concrete slabs in the concrete bed. We would definitely recommend buying a foam mattress and a foam pillow to help support the concrete slabs, instead of a solid metal bed frame.

home depot concrete slabs,

The futon bed


What I liked:


We loved how thick and solid the concrete slabs were. They were thick enough that we thought they would be comfortable to sleep on. They also weren’t too heavy, so we thought they would be good for us to have the entire bed on the floor


What I didn’t like:


Overall, the concrete slabs were good quality. But they were a little heavy for us to stand up on. I think the slats would be better for someone who prefers a mattress and a headboard rather than for someone who wants to put the entire bed on the floor.

Conclusion:


Overall, I loved the concrete slabs and concrete bed. I thought it was really good for someone who wants to put the entire bed on the floor.

home depot concrete slabs,

Bonus:

I would recommend getting a mattress for the concrete slabs and filling up the concrete bed from the slabs with foam, too. I think that’s what I would do if I bought a concrete bed now, and I definitely think I would do that if we bought a concrete bed in the future.

home depot concrete slabs,

Final Conclusion

Overall, we loved the concrete slabs from the concrete bed, and I think we’d definitely buy a concrete bed in the future. But, we’re not going to be buying a concrete bed in the future – not now anyway. Instead, we’ll be getting a metal bed frame and a mattress for our concrete slabs, because we didn’t like how hard the concrete slabs were to sleep on and we’re worried it would be hard to fit our bed on it.

But, if we did decide to buy a concrete bed, I definitely would recommend buying a foam pillow to help support the concrete slabs – instead of a solid metal bed frame. We think it would be good to get a good quality foam pillow, and then fill the concrete bed from the concrete slab.

If you’re interested in concrete beds, then you might want to check out our blog post about concrete beds – the best concrete beds you can buy right now.

If you have any questions, let us know in the comments.

Disclaimer: We think concrete slabs are a great choice, but we aren’t an affiliate for the concrete slabs.



 

Comments